Hypoband is a lifestyle and general wellness wearable for cold sweat. Hypoband maintains and encourages a general state of health and promotes, tracks and encourage choices. Hypoband may enhance quality of life for people with certain chronic diseases or conditions.
Hypoband detects cold sweat on your skin will seek assistance from your loved ones when you're unable to administer treatment for hypo.
Hypoband is like a fire alarm. We all pray that there will never be a fire and we’ll never hear it ring, but we are assured that if there’s a fire, the fire service will always come to our rescue. The fire alarm SAVES LIVES.
Most people are not aware when they experience cold sweat, especially when asleep. Hypoband will always watch over you and when cold sweat is experienced, Hypoband will alert your caregivers.
If left untreated, hypoglycemia may lead to seizure or unconsciousness (passing out, coma)
3 main symptoms of Hypoglycemia are:
- Sweating, chills and clamminess (cold sweat)
- Weakness or fatigue
- Light-headedness or dizziness
Hypoglycemia symptoms often occur when blood glucose levels fall below 4.0 mmol/l (70 mg/dl). But many people feel no symptoms when they have blood glucose readings below this level. This is called hypoglycemia unawareness. People with hypoglycemia unawareness are also less likely to be awakened from sleep when hypoglycemia occurs at night.
Hypoglycemia unawareness occurs more frequently in those who:
- frequently have low blood glucose episodes (which can cause you to stop sensing the early warning signs of hypoglycemia)
- have had diabetes for a long time of Type 1 or Type 2
- tightly control their diabetes (which increases your chances of having low blood glucose reactions).